Hello Readers,
I had the most marvelous evening yesterday. Serendipitously, I crossed paths with none other than Lena Chandhok. I had been exploring the cultural district downtown during the Summer Gallery Crawl and I walked into the Toonseum for the first time. I had heard that they had moved to a new space downtow
n, out of the Children's Museum, but I hadn't really allowed that reality to manifest itself in my mind. The space being bloody brilliant and chock full of people mesmerized by the cells from Akira.
Lena was selling some wares in the back and telling people more about the Toonseum. She mentioned being and intern who was currently
studying at the Center for Cartoon Studies in Vermont. When she mentioned this I did a double take. Could this really be the Lena responsible for the comic that warmed my heart so very much when I spotted it at Phantom of The Attic comics? It was. If you read this Lena, you inspire me a whole hell of a lot.
Posted here is a preview of her minicomic, iNterruption.

Additionally, yesterday afternoon I finished all the panels for "Une Petite Histoire"! I just need to clean up some of the inking and scan all the work in. Hopefully I can do a small trial run of like 15 minicomics handbound and screenprinted. The goal is to make a run of 100 to sell for about 3 to 4 dollars each.
Hopefully all is well with you reader. I'm off to take my friend to Copacetic Comics for the first time. Hopefully he falls as madly in love with the place as me.
No comments:
Post a Comment